The Extra-ordinary Carrot Soup…
Secret ingrédient: G.I.N.G.E.R
Ginger lovers, this one is for you!! This recipe is very easy, hella tasty and as if not enough is even pretty :) My cousin Michelle made it for us during our Californian Christmax vacation, we loved it so much that i just HAD to bring the recipe back to share it (and make it again and again)!!
(About 8 servings)
- 2 pounds chopped carrots
- 1L of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream (or sour cream)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) In a large saucepan: boil carrots in chicken broth until they are tender. Separate the cooked carrots and the broth (keep the broth!!)
2) In a pan: cook together the onion + garlic + salt + pepper in olive oil. When onions are soft add in the grated ginger. Cook for about 2 minutes more.
3) Pour the sauté mix into the carrots pot. Add in the whipping cream. Add a cup of broth and blend. Add more broth until the desired texture is obtained. Add more salt if desired.
Option: Garnisg with chopped green onions and bacon it’s great!
Note: Be careful to let the preparation cool off before you blend it, it will prevent the vacuum effect that creates big and messy heat explosions, or use a hand blender.