The Killer Brownie…
Secret ingredient: pear sauce.. yep!
This brownie is a real killer. You will die of happiness when biting the thin crust, diving into its moist flesh, and feeling the crispness of a sliced almond under your teeth. I will have warned you :)
Notes on the ingredients: the fruit sauce makes this recipe even moister.. and healthier!! You won’t be able to taste its flavor. Also, do yourself a favor, do NOT use cocoa powder!! (I know finding chocolate bars is not an easy task in the US but it’s sooo worth it)
Note on the picture: after 2 years of iPhone 4 pictures, Santa brought me a camera yay!!! I feel extremely lucky, and will work on improving my pictures :)
- 200g dark chocolate (64%)
- 80g butter
- 100g pear sauce (any fruit sauce will do!)
- 3 eggs
- 120g of brown sugar
- 1 tea spoon of vanilla sugar/liquid vanilla
- 50g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 small handful of nuts: sliced almonds & chopped hazelnuts here
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F)
2) In a saucepan: melt the chocolate and the butter over medium heat.
3) In a medium bowl, quickly beat the eggs together with a fork, add sugar, vanilla and mix well.
4) Gradually add the melted chocolate preparation to the bowl while always stirring. Add the fruit sauce and mix well.
5) In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt & nuts. Mix together and add it the the cake batter. Mix just until you can’t see the flour anymore.
6) Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake until a knife inserted comes out clean on the sides but with moist crumbs in the middleand in the middle (about 25-30 minutes)